I'm your huckleberry

though i can't change the world, i can always change myself. btw: tolong bantu Panti Asuhan Bustanul Aitam (http://ulim-orphan.blogspot.com/ ). Bank BRI, Unit Meureudu, Cabang Sigli, Aceh, Indonesia// Account Number: 3970.01.002291.53-4// On behalf of: Yayasan Bustanul Aitam// Swift Code: BRINIDJA. Contact: Ilyas Ibrahim S.AG, mobile: +62-(0)81362672600

Friday, January 06, 2006

first of Jan '06

I suppose to write this note in Jan 1, ’06, at night. But I was too tired at that time. In the following day until now, I was busy with office work. In fact, this afternoon I just finish two days field monitoring travel (I tell about it later).

Why I make this note? Cause my friends curiously asking how did I celebrate my New Year in Aceh? (After long time – 13 years – I stay in Jakarta, they curious how after three months I’m still in Pidie, Aceh).

For sure, when the time cross 2005 to 2006, I have been surfing for hour searching information about scholarship. I’m looking for short term training, study, or professional program with maximum one year duration. These two programs seem to be very interesting: the International Summer School, University of Oslo, and School of Development Studies, University of East Anglia (actually, I have already submitted one application for short term training program: Financial Institutions for Private Enterprise Development (FIPED), John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University).

Entering 2006, what a surprise, someone called me to wish me Happy New Year. It is a special call I guess, what a nice girl. Thanks ;-) ….

The following day, first of Jan ’06, Sunday, here was my activities list:
  1. opening duck farm training, morning, @ Lampoh Saka, Pidie (120 Km from Banda Aceh, don’t ask me how its happen).

  2. passing house construction area, Peurade village.

  3. take a new picture of latest progress bridge building in Meue village, Trienggadieng sub-district.

  4. visit my cousin

  5. give donation from Nabil Beydoun and Alaine Beydoun (Cairns, Australia) to Bustanul Aitam orphanage.

  6. visit my uncle

  7. home at afternoon, dinner, then long rest.

Sometime I confuse between holiday and working day, all is just mix up.

Come to think about it, I have never celebrated New Year before, why do I care about it now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home